Kishor was the man behind all the innovative election campaigns of BJP in Lok Sabha election including Modi's 3-D hologram and chai pe charcha. [Live Updates: Bihar Assembly Elections 2015 Results]
Know all about the issue
- Sources say tech-savvy Prashant Kishor will work for Nitish Kumar to give him edge over his opponents in October Assembly election in Bihar.
- However, 37-year old Kishore has neither confirmed nor rejected the reports that he will ditch Modi in coming State election and work for his bete noire Kumar.
- When asked a person close to Kishore told TOI, "Since it's election time, political parties are in touch with people like him to help chalk out campaign strategies. JD(U) is no exception".
- Reacting over the same, JD(U) leader Pavan Verma said, "We'll welcome him (Kishor) as and when he joins us. He is known for his social media management and communication skills. If he joins JD(U), he will be an asset for us".
Who is Prashant Kishor?
- Tech savy Kishor is a strategist and a key ideator.
- Worked at UN as an health official before joining Modi's team in 2011.
- Played a big role in Modi's third victory in Gujarat in 2013.
- He is the man who started an NGO Citizens for Accountable Governance which played a decisive role in leveraging social media in Modi's favour in 2014 general election.
- Kishore convinced professionals, students and expats to work for Citizens for Accountable Governance.
Why not excited to work with BJP this time?
- Though, Prashant Kishor was in the good book of Modi but reportedly, BJP president Amit Shah is not very fond of him.
- Sources say that because of some differences with shah he is parting away.
- "Modi had started assigning jobs to Kishor which normally Shah would execute. Many bureaucrats and senior party men too did not appreciate that he had become Modi's bridge to the world," a Gujarat official told TOI.