New Delhi, May 25: The Ministry of Railways headed by Mr Suresh Prabhu has given one more reason to passengers to rejoice. Now, passengers will be able to transfer their confirmed tickets to their family members, if they are unable to travel at the last moment.
If you are holding a confirmed ticket and are unable to travel, your ticket can be transferred to your family members-- father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife. To transfer your ticket, you must submit your request atleast 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
According to the information provided on Indian Railway website, change in the name of passenger holding confirmed reservationcan be made in the following ways.
1. A confirmed railway ticket can be transferred to your blood relations.
2. If a person is holding a confirmed ticket and is unable to travel, then the ticket can be transferred to his / her family members including father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife.
3. For transfer of ticket, an application must be submitted atleast 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train to chief reservation supervisor with ID proof.
4. Government officials can transfer to other government official.
5. Students can transfer ticket to other students.