Shattered by SC verdict,Sanjay Dutt says Good Bye to Twitter

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Sanjay Dutt
Mumbai, April 5: Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt is shattered over the Supreme Court's verdict according to which Dutt has to spend his next three and half years behind jail in connection with Bombay Blasts 1993 case. The court verdict seems to have changed his life completely.

Dutt is known to be few among those Bollywood celebrities who connect with people through social networking sites. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is also one among them. However, it seems that Dutt might have bade his farewell to the micro-blogging site Twitter post Supreme Court verdict.

The last tweet of the actor surfaced on March 19, two days prior to the apex court's sentence which was delivered on March 21.

The actor in his last tweet said, "It's late in the night. Have an early morning shoot for policegiri. Good night and big Jaadu ki jhappi to all my lovely fans."

Dutt has not turned up to Twitter since then to give "big Jaadu ki jhappi (a big hug)" to his fans and followers who have been demanding pardon for the actor.

Many celebrities and politicians joined the group demanding pardon for Dutt as they believe that he has already suffered a lot. Jaya Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Markandey Katju, Shatrughan Sinha, Jaya Prada, Amar Singh and many others are there in the group.

The new entrant in the group is actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi who on Thursday, April 4 said, "He has suffered a lot. If he gets mercy, then nothing like it. He is regretting what he has done. He is a nice person. I pray for him from the bottom of my heart. My sympathies are with him."

However, many politicians such as Uma Bharti called Dutt a "criminal", a "traitor". The BJP leader recently claimed that Dutt should not be pardoned as he had ditched the country during Bombay Blasts 1993.

The Supreme Court found the actor guilty of acquiring illegal weapons from those blamed for the bombings in Mumbai that killed 257 people and was given four weeks to surrender.

The court upheld Dutt's conviction but reduced his sentence from six to five years in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. Since the actor has already served 18 months of jail, now he has to spend another three-and-half-year in prison. Dutt has to surrender within four week's of apex court judgement.

Despite demand for his pardon, Dutt, however, announced that he would obey the apex court's rule and would surrender himself before Bombay court.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...