• search
For Bengaluru Updates
Allow Notification  

Karnataka: 11 dead, 82 hospitalised after eating 'prasad' in Chamrajnagar district

|

Bengaluru, Dec 14: At least 11 people died and 82 others hospitalised after eating 'prasad' in Karnataka's Chamrajnagar District on Friday.

Karnataka: 7 dead, 82 hospitalised after eating prasad in Chamrajnagar district

The tragedy struck at the foundation laying ceremony of a temple at Salwdi village in Hanu Taluk.

Hanur MLA Nagendra, who is attending Winter Session in Belagavi, is monitoring rescue operations. Officials have sent the prasad sample to lab for the test.

Police have arrested two in connection with the incident.

"There is an unfortunate food poisoning incident in Kamgere village. Principal Secretary and commissioner has instructed DHOs Mandya and Mysore to provide help to Chamrajnagar health administration," said Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy.

Karnataka government has announced Rs 5 Lakh ex gratia to the next of the kin of the deceased. Medical treatment of others will be taken care of by the state government, said reports.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X