12 ‘C S' Tips for Diabetic Foot Care
1. Clean with Soap and luke-warm water.
[dry well, especially between toes].
[apply moisturizers, except between toes].
4. Clip and Snip toe nails with care.
[for fissures (cuts), sores, blisters & colour change].
6. Consult Surgeon, at once, if any changes noted.
7. Cease Strutting around (walking) barefoot.
8. Convert Soles of footwear, to soft microcellular rubber.
9. Clean Socks at all times, of cotton, changed daily.
10. Comfortable Shoes, that keep feet warm and dry.
11. Confirm Sandals, straps and shoes do not hurt.
12. Control of Sugars, the diabetic control is paramount.
(Dr. C S Rajan is a senior consultant surgeon at St Martha's Hospital, Bangalore)