Handwara, April 13: The Handwara girl who was in news for being molested by army has now come out and clarified in the video that the incident was that of robbery and that no security personnel was involved in the act.
She has mentioned that no army man was molesting her. Protests erupted in Handwara town of Kupwara district, following allegations that a girl student, on her way home, was molested by soldiers posted in an army picket in the town.
On Tuesday, April 12, two youth were killed in firing by army on protestors in Handwara town. Officials said the protestors pelted stones at the army picket to which the security forces retailed by firing.
Two youth -- Iqbal Ahmad and Nayeem Bhat -- were killed in the firing and a woman was also injured in the incident.
Police investigations have so far indicated that no such incident had taken place and it was an attempt by some miscreants to create disturbance for removing an army bunker located within Handwara town, sources said.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti also raised the issue of Handwara firing with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, who assured her that a probe will be initiated and the culprits will be punished.
Watch the Video here:
NOTE- Oneindia takes no responsibility regarding the veracity of the video.