New Delhi, Feb 03: The One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme has been finally implemented now.
The government on Wednesday issued a detailed order with instructions along with OROP tables based on its decision on 07/11/2015.
The government had taken the historic decision to implement OROP in November, 2015.
Ministry of Defence says OROP, the long-standing demand of the defence forces personnel for 42 years, will benefit over 18 lakh ex-servicemen and war widows.
Here are some details of today's order:
• The annual recurring financial implication on account of implementation of OROP at the current rate will be approximately around Rs 7500 crore.
• The arrears from 01/07/2014 to 31/12/2015 would be approximately Rs10,900 crore.
• 86 percent of the total expenditure on account of OROP will benefit the JCOs/ORs.
• Payment of arrears and revision of pension under OROP is to be made by the Pension Disbursing Authorities in four instalments, except for family pensioners and pensioners in receipt of gallantry awards who will be paid arrears in one instalment.
• The total increase in the Defence Budget for pensions is estimated to go up from Rs 54,000 crore (BE 2015-16) to around Rs 65,000 crore (proposed BE 2016-17), thereby increasing the Defence Pension Outlay by about 20 per cent.