Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority.
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Amanpur
- Constituency No. 101
- District: Etah (Amanpur is an Assembly segment under Etah
Lok Sabha constituency)
- District Area: 171 m (561 ft)
- District population: 9,117
- District literacy: 49%
2012 Assembly election result in Amanpur
- Winner: Mamtesh Shakya (BSP)
- Votes received: 37,996
- Vote percentage: 23.82
- Nearest rival: Virendra Singh (SP)
- Votes: 34,340
- Percentage: 21.53
- Difference: 3,656
- Margin: 2.3%
- Total voters: 2,72,887
- Turnout: 58.5%
- Amanpur constituency was formed in 2008 and first election in this assembly constituency was held in 2012.
2014 Lok Sabha result in Etah
Rajveer Singh (BJP) defeated Devendra Singh Yadav (SP) by 51,650 votes by a margin of 29.27%.