Extracting the talents and progress in the field of Engineering and Computer Science, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences, Infosys Prize felicitated the intelligent techies.
The names of the winners are:
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering at IIT-Kanpur, Kalyanmoy Deb. Prof Deb won the prize for his work in the field of Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimisation and Genetic Algorithms which have been used in logistics and refineries industries.
- Group leader, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Imran Siddiqi grabbed the award under the Life Sciences category for his work on clonal seed formation in plants.
- The Mathematical Sciences prize has been given to Prof Kannan Soundararajan for his contribution to analytic number theory and the study of critical values of general zeta functions.
- Professor of the Centre for Condensed Matter Theory from the city based Indian Institute of Science, Sriram Rajagopal Ramaswamy won the award for his contribution in the field of active matter which enables detailed research into the collective aspects of living systems.
- The Social Sciences prize has been bestowed to Rahuram G Rajan.