The new service, first of its kind by a service provider in the country, allows users to make payments through their mobile. Airtel Money allows users to make payments from Rs 10 to Rs 5,000 a day for various services including bill payments, movie tickets etc.
Aimed at offering customers with an efficient alternative to cash transactions, Airtel Money will provide millions of Airtel customers across the country with a convenient and secure way of making payments through the ubiquitous mobile platform.
Airtel's more than 8 million customers in Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad can access Airtel Money service, which has granted the license to use the Semi Closed Wallet by the Reserve Bank of India. With the new service, users have not to keep cash with them, instead fill-up the mobile account and avail the Airtel Money.
Where can you use Airtel money?
• Load cash: Load cash on your Airtel mobile by visiting your nearest Airtel retail outlet.
• Pay bills & recharge: You will be able to use this cash in your mobile for making bill payments (electricity, gas, financial services, etc.) and recharge.
• Shop & make payments: Instead of cash, pay over-the-counter merchants such as your nearest kirana store, chemist, etc using your mobile phone. You can even sit at home and pay for services like booking movie tickets online.
To use Airtel Money:
• Register by filling in the application form and submitting KYC documents (2 photocopies of proof-of-identity, 1 copy of proof-of-address and a passport size photograph).
• After the above, your existing Airtel SIM will be upgraded to the new 64K Airtel SIM with Airtel money
• Activate your Airtel money account by choosing your MPIN.
• Load cash into your Airtel money account by visiting your nearest Airtel retailer
• You are now ready to send commands through the Airtel money application on your phone and transact anytime, anywhere!