Youth dies of smoke inhalation

Posted By: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Srinagar, Jan 16 (PTI) A 25-year-old person died inthe city due to asphyxiation after he inhaled smoke producedfrom a heating appliance, a police spokesman said.

"Body of Waseem Raja Mir, who had died due toinhalation of smoke was recovered from his room at Panthachowkhere," the spokesman said.

Mir, a private security guard, was a resident of northKashmir''s Kupwara district, he said.

Kashmir Valley has been reeling under intense coldwave, with the mercury dipping to a minimum of minus 16.1degrees in the tourist resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir.

This is the eighth death caused due to the usage ofheating appliances.

Meanwhile, police recovered an unidentified body nearSrinagar Municipal Corporation Complex near Iqbal Park inSrinagar.

The spokesman said the body was found in suspiciousconditions and investigations into the case have beeninitiated.

Please Wait while comments are loading...