Mumbai, Mar 31 (ANI): The trial of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving gunman of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, is likely to come to an end in the special court on Wednesday.
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said Judge M L Tahaliyani might announce the date for the verdict after hearing the arguments by both prosecution and the defence.
Nikam had on March 9, in his arguments in the high-security court at the Central Prison here said, "By firing at people indiscriminately in Mumbai, Kasab and other conspirators wanted to destabilise the government and break the political and economic order of the country."
The acts of Ajmal Kasab and other accused in the 26/11 terror siege amounted to "waging war against India" which is punishable by death penalty or life imprisonment, the prosecution argued in a trial court on March 10.
Earlier on January 12, Kasab refused to accept his role in the attacks and said in the court that he was not in the picture that was captured by the CCTV cameras, and that he was not carrying any weapon.
Kasab's claimed that he was in police custody on 26/11 was also falsified by his photographs placed as evidence, Around 891 questions have been asked till date, and several other questions are still to be asked in relation to the case.
The court questioned Kasab on the basis of DNA reports given by experts, which hold him responsible for the 26/11 attacks.
The ballistic experts have confirmed that the bullets fired from Kasab's AK-47 rifle had caused fatal injuries on the bodies of the victim.
The DNA reports confirm that the samples found from Kuber fishing trawler (on which Kasab and the other nine terrorists had arrived from Pakistan) matches with Kasab's DNA.
The prosecution had closed the case on December 16, after hearing around six hundred witnesses for a period of over seven months.
The Mumbai terror attacks took place on November 26, 2008, resulting in death of 174 people. (ANI)