Melbourne, Dec 28 (ANI): An Indian man whose genitals were allegedly set on fire by his wife lost his battle to survive at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Satish Narayan, 47, was in a critical condition in hospital after suffering burns to most of his body. And yesterday the engineer succumbed to his injuries.
Police has declared the incident a major crime and it is likely his wife, Rajini, will face a charge of manslaughter or murder.
It has been alleged that Narayan's wife doused his genitals with methylated spirit and then set him on fire about 5.30am on December 7, reports News.com.au.
Mrs Narayan had been charged with causing serious harm to her husband, arson and endangering her children.
It is believed a major blaze was sparked at the couple's Cleland Ave townhouse in Unley when Narayan jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of methylated spirit.
Narayan suffered burns to 85 per cent of his body. His wife and their three kids, however, escaped unharmed from the burning house. (ANI)