Rs 295 cr plan to boost power transmission in NCR

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hisar, Oct 22 (UNI) To strengthen power transmission and distribution system in the National Capital Region, including districts of Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat, Rewari, Mahendragarh and Hisar, the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) has chalked out a comprehensive project of Rs 295.50 crore.

The project would be funded by the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) and the Centre under its Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (APDRP), said DHBVN Managing Director Anurag Agarwal here today while addressing officers in a meeting to review progress of development works of the Nigam.

He said under a Rs 72.73 crore scheme, the DHBVN would segregate domestic and agriculture load on 143 feeders in villages in districts Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mewat and Rewari.

The NCRPB would provide 75 per cent funds for the scheme and the remaining 25 per cent would be arranged from other agencies.

UNI MA VN1720

Please Wait while comments are loading...