Hundred fall ill in gas leakage in Telco

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jamshedpur, May 27 (UNI) About 100 people were affected when chlorine gas leaked out from a water treatment plant of Tata Motors under Telco police station area here today.

Police said the affected people were rushed to Tata Motors hospital, where condition of some was said to be critical.

The chlorine gas started leaking from the water treatment plant, situated in the vicinity of Tata Motors, and caused panic among the people of the Telco colony.

The majority of the people, affected by the gas, were the family members of the Tata Motors employee, police added.

The management of Tata Motors claimed to have taken adequate arrangements for the treatment of the affected, the company sources said and added that prompt action was taken to stop further leakage of gas from the pipe.

Meanwhile, several poltical leaders, including Jamshedpur MP Suman Mahto and former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, had rushed to the hospital and enquired of the condition of the affected.

UNI BDG SJC/src2135

Please Wait while comments are loading...