Priest on elephant electrocuted in Kerala

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Alappuzha, Mar 21: A priest, sitting atop an elephant, was electrocuted at Cherthala here last evening.

Police said Mahesh (30) was killed on the spot after he came in contact with an overhead power line.

He was holding an idol placed atop the elephant as part of a religious festival.

In another mishap, a contract worker of Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) was killed on the spot when lightning struck him.

Vinod (28) was carrying out some repair works at Kondamthuruthu in Cherthala.


Please Wait while comments are loading...