This program is in tune with Google"s aspiration to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, the range of perspectives, ideas and cultures, leads to the creation of better products and services. This diversity of employees and partners serves as the foundation for Google to better serve our customers and stakeholders all over the world.
It is this acceptance of differences that has led to the creation of the 'Google India Women in Engineering Award". In its inception year, this award invited applications from recognized engineering schools across India. With a positive response in the first year, we received 245 applications from female undergraduate, graduate and PhD students across India.
Winners from this applicant pool have been selected on the basis of their academic background and demonstrated qualities of leadership. The winners will each receive an award of INR 75000 via cheque.
Winners of the first Google India Women in Engineering Award are:
- Arpita Patra – IIT Chennai
- Sriparna Saha – ISI
- Vijaya Chamundeeswari – IIT Chennai
- Shruti Prakash Mahambre – IIT Bombay
- Sheetal Shah – IIT Bombay
- Meghana Nasre – IISc Bangalore
- Uma Sawant – IIT Bombay
- Aditi Gupta – IIT Kanpur
- Neha Singh – IIT Bombay
- Garima Lahoti – IIT Delhi
- Priya Gupta – IIT Delhi
- Vaibhavi Shamsundar – VJTI
- Navneet Chahal – IIT Roorkee
- Anusha R – Anna University (CEG)
- Snigdha Chaturvedi – IIT Kanpur
- Hariny Murli – Anna University (CEG)