Five members of family escapes narrowly in fire explosion

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Puducherry, Feb 19(UNI) Five members of a family at Thirubhuvanai near here had a miraculous escape when the wall of their house collapsed in an explosion after a fire in their house in the wee hours of today.

Police said the fire occurred at the residence of one Ezhumalai due to short-circuit and spread to his clothes. Ezhumalai with his wife and three children, ran out of the house, as the fire spread and burst the LPG cylinder and a side wall of the house collapsed.

With gas from another cylinder leaking out, fire engulfed the house, gutting almost all the materials.

Fire tenders from Thirubhuvanai doused the flames. The loss was estimated around Rs eight lakh.

Meanwhile, eight people sustained burns in a fire in a sweet stall at Mudaliarpet near here last night.

All of them were admitted to the Government General Hospital.

The loss was estimated to be Rs One lakh.

UNI PAB KVV NC AS1823

Please Wait while comments are loading...