Lahore, Sep 16 (UNI) Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) today denied to have ever threatened of taking any legal action against CA, even though it still accused Australia of double standards on touring India despite the recent bomb blasts in the capital.
''It is a gross misquote. I was asked if the PCB would sue Cricket Australia on touring India and not touring Pakistan and I responded, saying that we don't know about legalities but this is not one of the options,'' PCB chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi was quoted as saying to 'cricketnirvana.com'.
Earlier today, Pakistan's leading English daily 'The News' had quoted a source in the PCB as saying that the Board officials are fully convinced that the Australians, who scrapped their tour of Pakistan earlier this year and also decided to stay away from the ICC Champions Trophy in the country citing security fears, will visit India as planned in spite of the deadly bombings.
The newspaper added that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will weigh its options and if advised by the Board's legal experts, may knock at the doors of Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to seek compensation.
Naghmi said depsite the teams' reluctance to tour Pakistan, the PCB had always adopted a friendly policy. ''We want to settle things in a positive manner. We do not believe in confrontation policy,'' he said.
The Australians refused to travel to Pakistan in March-April this year for a full series that included three Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 International.
The Australians were also instrumental in forcing the ICC to postpone the Champions Trophy which was supposed to be played here from September 12-28.
Pakistan have lost millions of dollars following the postponement of the home series against Australia and the Champions Trophy.
UNI XC RAR CS AS1403