Pakistani woman accidentally poison inlaws, taking life on 13 people
In a tragic incident reported from Pakistan's Punjab province, a newly-wed woman, who allegedly poisoned milk to kill her husband, caused the death of 13 of her in-laws who drank the contaminated milk mixed in 'lassi'. The woman, identified as Aasia, was forced into the marriage and had only poisoned the glass of milk meant for her husband, Amjad, to get him out of his way, but somehow he did not drink it. The contaminated milk was later used to make 'lassi'. The beverage was served to the woman's in-laws and after drinking it, a lot of people started showing poisoning symptoms. Thirteen people died because of severe intoxication while 14 others are still admitted at a hospital, the paper said.