• search
By : Oneindia Video Team
Published : January 19, 2018, 08:03
Duration : 00:36

Fire breaks out in Thane highrise, 150 people evacuated

As many as 150 people were evacuated from a highrise residential tower in Naupada area of Thane city after a fire broke out in the building on Friday. Initial reports suggest that the fire started from an electric duct on fourth floor of Giriraj Building. Several fire brigades with around 70 firefighters were rushed to the spot to rescue people. Reports suggest that a short circuit in electric duct triggered the blaze that spread to the 26th floor of the highrise. Later in the day, the firefighters managed to douse the blaze.

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Subscribe to Oneindia News YouTube Channel for latest- exclusive news and video
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.