• search
For Raipur Updates
Allow Notification  

Infant with cardiac problem dies of suffocation in ambulance after doors malfunction

By Vikas
Google Oneindia News

Raipur, July 18: The door of an ambulance in Chhatisgarh's Raipur got jammed and remained locked for over 30 minutes becasue of which an infant is said to have died. The two-month-old infant, who was brought to Raipur from Bihar for heart surgery, allegedlly died due to suffocation, said reports.

The baby's father, who was inside the ambulcance with the infant, alleged that he was not allowed to break open the windows of the ambulance by the staff.

Representational Image

"I was urging them to the break the door or a window since my kid had cardiac problem but my efforts went in vain," a Hindustan Times report quoted infant's father, Ambika Kuamr, as saying.

The two-month-old was being taken to Bhim Rao Ambedkar Hospital in Raipur by Sanjivani Express, a free ambulance service.

The institute which runs the ambulance service, GVK EMRI, denied the allegations and said that the baby "was already dead before reaching the hospital."

GVK EMRI, however, did acknowledged that the doors of the ambulance malfunctioned, but said, "he technicians then took the baby out of the vehicle through a window."

For Daily Alerts
Best Deals and Discounts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X