• search
For Noida Updates
Allow Notification  

Software firm booked after man dies of toxic fume inside washroom in Noida

|

Noida (UP), Jan 30: A man died and three people were hospitalised allegedly after inhaling poisonous gas inside the washroom of a software company here, prompting police to register a case, officials said on Wednesday.

Software firm booked after man dies of toxic fume inside washroom in Noida

The incident took place on Monday evening. The deceased, identified as Satish Chandra, worked for a catering company engaged by the Sector 59-based IT firm, went to the washroom in the office cafeteria but did not come back following which people started looking for him, the police said.

Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected

"He went inside and did not return for some time, prompting three others from catering staff and housekeeping to go to check on him. But they fainted on entering the bathroom and all had to be rushed to a private hospital nearby," an official said.

    EU Parliament postpones voting on resolution against CAA, India hails it as diplomatic win|Oneindia

    At the hospital, Chandra, aged around 50 years, was declared dead while the other three were treated and discharged later, he said.

    An FIR was registered under Indian Penal Code section 304A (death due to negligence) against R Systems International after a complaint was given by Chandra's son at the Sector 58 police station.

    According to the police, the company officials said sanitation workers had used some chemicals in the washroom to unclog the drains and the fumes from that may have caused the incident.

    "There has been no arrest so far and a probe is underway," the police official said.

    For Daily Alerts
    Get Instant News Updates
    Enable
    x
    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Done
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X
    X