• search
For Mumbai Updates
Allow Notification  

15-year-old Mumbai girl dies after bathroom geyser emits carbon monoxide

|

Mumbai, Jan 15: A 15-year-old girl died in a freak mishap in Mumbai's Borivali area of carbon monoxide poisoning after oxygen levels in her bathroom dropped due to emission from a geyser, a doctor said on Tuesday.

Kesavananda Bharti and others vs State of Kerala: When democracy was saved in 1973

Dhruvi Gohil was having a bath on January 5 morning in her Borivali West flat when the incident happened, an official said.

15-year-old Mumbai girl dies after bathroom geyser emits carbon monoxide

"Her parents noticed she was taking a lot of time and started knocking on the bathroom door. When they did not get an answer, they broke the door and found Dhruvi lying unconscious, with the right side of her body scalded due to hot water," he said.

    Manishankar Aiyar sparks row again, calls Government 'Killers' at Shaheen Bagh|OneIndia News

    18-year-old dies as gun accidentally shoots himself during TikTok shoot

    "She fell unconscious after breathing carbon monoxide emitted from a bathroom geyser. Scant oxygen supply in the bathroom affected her brain and caused convulsions," said Dr Vivek Chaurasia of Mangalmoorti Hospital in Gorai where the teen was being treated.

    She was on ventilator support and died on January 10, which also happened to be her birthday.

    For Daily Alerts
    Get Instant News Updates
    Enable
    x
    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Done
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X
    X