US: 90-yr-old man gulps down paint thinking it yoghurt; says it tastes better
New York, Feb 26: Some things are really scary even if they look funny apparently. A 90-year-old man from New York recently gulped down half a container of paint after mistaking it for mint yoghurt yet survived to share the story. In fact, the nonagenarian was not much affected by the incident and showed no signs of uneasiness either.
It so happened that the elderly man, named Bobby, downed half of it thinking it to be something edible and his granddaughter Alex Stein later shared pictures of the container on Twitter and captioned it: "Sooo my grandpa ate half a quart of paint today thinking it was yogurt." The tweet also had a picture of the man with his lips smeared in mint-green paint, reported Mail Online.
Alex Stein’s apparently pic.twitter.com/Y6DvUwhb5U— al (@alimoutinho) February 23, 2019
Alex found the half empty can in the kitchen and her grandfather with 'painted lips'. She told Mail Online: "When I say he loves yogurt, he LIVES for yogurt. My mum buys at least 7 quarts of vanilla Danon yogurt a week."
"My grandpa has always loved entertaining people. He doesn't care whether people are laughing with him or at him."
While Stein's tweet received a lot of hilarious reactions, her grandfather also came on Instagram to give his version on the matter.
"Apparently I ate paint this morning...s**t honestly tastes better than yogurt sooo #no #regrets (poison control laughed at me, but they said I'll be fine)."