On Headley being attacked, lawyer says, ‘ news to me’
Washington, July 24: The lawyer for David Coleman Headley has denied reports that his client had been assaulted. John This, who has represented Headley, a convict in the Mumbai 26/11 attacks said the news of his being assaulted was news to him.
I have no information about the attack. I cannot disclose where he is, but I can tell you that I have no information that he was attacked, the lawyer was quoted by the media as saying.
There is no information about where Headley is. His location has been kept a secret. If one searches for his name on the inmate locator of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, it does not yield any results.
Reports had said that he attack is said to have taken place on July 8. He was attacked by two inmates as he had been a double agent working with the ISI and also for his Islamist terror links.
Reports suggest that he had to be rushed to hospital as his injuries were grievous in nature. He has been admitted to the critical care unit unit and is under 24/7 supervision.
The two men who had attacked Headily are brothers and were imprisoned for several assault cases on police personnel.
Headily was tasked by the ISI and Lashkar-e-Tayiba to conduct a reconnaissance in Mumbai. During his stay he gathered details and prepared maps of the targets which were attacked by ten terrorists of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba.
In February 2016, he had deposed through video conferencing before a Mumbai court. He was however not deported to India from the United States as he had entered into a plea bargain deal with the FBI.