Nice attack: All you need to know about it
Paris, July 15: In one of the most horrific attacks to have hit France, at least 84 people were killed as a truck ploughed into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice on late Thursday. This attack comes almost 8 months after the ISIS militants killed 130 people in Paris on November 13, July 2015.
Here is what we know so far
A large whit lorry reportedly carrying explosives ploughed through a crowd watching Bastille Day fireworks in Nice at around 11pm on Thursday.
- The attack took place soon after the display ended.
- Several police officers are reported to be among the victims.
- The lorry driver has been identified as a 31-year-old man of Franco-Tunisian origin.
- The atatcker reportedly hired the lorry from a rental in Saint-Laurent-du-Var near Nice two days earlier.
- State of emergency extended for three months in France.
- The ISIS is likely behind the terror attack.