Modi's visit to US: What Pakistani media said
Washington, June 8: While Prime Minister Narendra Modi is touring the US and covering some important steps in the two country's newly energised bilateral relation, what is India's arch-rival Pakistan, which is also witnessing a low in its relation with traditional ally US, thinking?
As the headlines of some media reports published from Pakistan have shown, Islamabad is certainly not in a very happy state of mind. [3 reasons why India-US relations flourished under Modi like never before]
Here we have a look at some headlines of some Pakistani news reports (as well as editorials and opinions) on PM Modi's latest visit to the US:
- Senators call for steps to counter India's 'aggressive foreign policy'
- Indo-US alliance
- Obama, Modi welcome work on nuclear reactors in India
THE NEWS INTERNATIONAL:
- Pakistan's isolation [Comment]
- India clears final hurdle to join missile control group, diplomats say
- India might not be part of NSG for now: Report
- US Congress expresses concerns over rights violation in India as PM Modi begins visit
VOICE OF JOURNALISTS:
The US strategic bet on India for a pivot Asia-Pacific Strategy [Opinion published in Nov 2015]