• search
For Indore Updates
Allow Notification  

Chilling details of Mandsaur gangrape: 8-year-old was lured with sweets

By Vikas

Indore, July 3: Bone chilling details have emerged during the interrogation of Irfan and Asif, the accused in the brutal gangrape of an eight-year-old girl in Mandsaur. The duo told police that they had not planned to rape the minor, but it was 'a spur-of-the-moment decision', as per a HT report.

A local court on Monday extended the police remand of Irfan, one of the accused in the brutal gangrape of an eight-year-old girl in Mandsaur, by three days. Irfan was arrested on 27 June and was in police custody till 2 July while, the other accused, Asif, who was arrested on 29 June, would be in police remand till 5 July.

Image for representation only

According to Superintendent of Police Rakesh Mohan Shukla, Ifran told police that he was loitering outside the school when he saw the girl standing outside the school premises. Though he left the area at first, when he returned around 10 minutes later, the girl was still standing there and there was no one else near the school gates. Irfan said he approached the girl and convinced her to come with him by promising her sweets. If asked by someone where he was taking the girl, Irfan planned to say that he was taking her home since no one had come to pick her up, according to Hindustan Times report.

He then called Asif over phone and took the girl to Laxman Darwaza where the duo raped the girl, slit her throat and left her for dead, the HT report further said.

The victim was raped on June 26. She had suffered grievous injuries to her neck, face, head and private parts and was admitted to the Maharaja Yeshwantrao (MY) hospital here on June 27.

The rape of the eight-year-old girl triggered spontaneous protests in Madhya Pradesh and some parts of the country, after which a special investigation team (SIT) was formed to speed up the probe. City superintendent of police Rakesh Mohan Shukla, who is heading the SIT, said on Sunday that 70 percent of the investigation had been completed in the case.

The police are now waiting for the survivor to recover in order to record her statement while her mother's statement had already been recorded, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manoj Kumar Singh told PTI.

[Mandsaur gangrape: Police remand of one of the accused extended by 3 days]

The victim's father on Sunday told reporters at the hospital that his family wants death sentence for the accused. "Our family doesn't want compensation from the government. We want the legal process in this case to be completed at the earliest and convicts be awarded death sentence as soon as possible," the distraught man said.

Asked about the state government's decision to extend a financial assistance worth Rs 10 lakh to his family, he said, "Money is not an issue. We only want justice." He also said he was satisfied with the treatment being provided to his daughter by doctors at MY Hospital.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more