• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Ammonia gas leak in Jahanabad, UP: Trapped workers rescued

By Vikas
|

Early on Monday morning, authorities confirmed that all the 42 workers feared trapped in a cold storage unit in Uttar Pradesh's Jahanabad area had been rescued. The workers were trapped inside the factory after ammonia gas leakage was reported from the unit on late Sunday evening.

"No leakage now, 42 workers have been evacuated. Ammonia is not so lethal," Fatehpur SP on the cold storage unit incident, told the media.

Several labourers are feared trapped in a cold storage unit in Uttar Pradesh's Jahanabad area where ammonia gas has leaked, said reports on Sunday.

Gas leak

The areas surrounding the cold storage have been evacuated.

The vehicular movement within 2 kms radius of the unit have been stopped.

Ammonia is an irritating and caustic substance. Inhalation of ammonia gas can cause severe irritation of the nose and throat. It especially irritates airways, eyes, and skin. Its higher concentration may cause lungs swelling or pneumonia. Although it's not poisonous, prolonged exposure could be fatal.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more