• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Two more sanitation workers die in Delhi after inhaling toxic gas

By Vikas
|

Close on the heels on deaths of three sanitation workers in Delhi last week, two more sanitation workers died on Saturday after inhaling toxic gases in the national capital.

Image for representation only

The mishap is said to have taken place at Aggarwal Fun City Mall in Delhi's Anand Vihar area, said reports.

Another worker and fireman, who were trying to rescue the trapped workers, are admitted to a hospital after they too inhaled the toxic gas.

A case under section 304 of the IPC has been registered.

Last week, three sanitation workers died due to asphyxiation while cleaning a drain in south Delhi's Lajpat Nagar area. The workers were cleaning a sewer line in Lajpat Nagar near the Kabir Ram temple. They had gone inside the sewer and inhaled toxic fumes and were later found unconscious. They were taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre where the doctors declared that they were "brought dead".

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more