Timeline: Major hooch tragedies in India
* January 2015: Toxic liquor claims 32 lives in Lucknow and Unnao districts of Uttar Pradesh
* October 2013: At least 40 people die in Uttar Pradesh's Azamgarh district
* December 2011: Over 170 people, mostly rickshaw-pullers, labourers and hawkers, are killed in Sangrampur village in West Bengal's South 24 Parganas district
* October 2010: At least 12 people are killed and nearly 15 fall ill after consuming spurious country liquor in Kaalwan village in Punjab's Hoshiarpur district
* September 2010: The toll in hooch tragedy in Kerala's Malappuram district is 26
* March 2010 At least 35 people die after consuming spurious liquor in Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts of Uttar Pradesh in pre-and post-Holi celebrations
* February 2010: At least 13 people died after drinking moonshine in Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi district
* January 2010: 14 people die in East Godavari district of coastal Andhra Pradesh
* September 2009: Death toll from hooch tragedy in Uttar Pradesh is 29
* July 2009: Major hooch tragedy in Ahmedabad claims 136 lives
* May 2009: At least 20 people are killed in a hooch tragedy in West Bengal's East Midnapore district
* March 2009: 12 people die due to drinking hooch at Brahmpuri Colony in Southwest Delhi's Sagarpur
* January 2009: 27 people died in Kolkata after consuming poisonous country-made liquor at Khidirpore port area in southwest Kolkata.
May 2008: Death toll in hooch tragedy in Karnataka is 180
* March 2006: The death toll in Orissa liquor tragedy is at 22. The deaths and illnesses were reported mainly from the five hamlets of Badahuma, Khajuria Pali, Sana Ramachandrapur, Madshurchuan and Baunsiapada in Ganjam district, about 130 km from Bhubaneswar.
* December 2004: Atleast 87 people, including two women, die after consuming spurious liquor in Mumbai's suburban Vikhroli.
* October 2001: Illicit liquor kills 18 people in Nithari village in Uttar Pradesh's Noida