• search
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Three die after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram

By Ians English

Aizawl, April 9: Three people including a child, were killed and four fell sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Mizoram, official said here on Saturday.

"Three of a family died in Mamit district (in Western Mizoram) after eating wild mushrooms on Friday. Two children, a woman and a man also fell sick and admitted to Aizawl Civil Hospital," an official from health department said.


The official said that the mushrooms were brought from the forest and might be poisonous or not cooked properly before eating.

The dead people included an eight-years-old boy, a ten-years-old boy and a 34-years-old man.


For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X