- 12 hrs ago Harayana polls: How many lives lost because of 'love for Art 370', Modi asks Congress
- 17 hrs ago Maharashtra elections: United by blood, divided by politics!
- 18 hrs ago 481 crorepatis will battle it out in the Haryana assembly elections
- Finance BSE To Suspend Trading In Scrips Of 16 Companies From Nov 4
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan To Team Up With Atlee For A Masala Action Film? Read Inside Details Here
- Automobiles Techno Electra EV Range Prices Reduced: New Prices Now Start At Rs 41,557
- Technology Tecno Camon 12 Air First Impressions: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- Sports Home favourite Kuznetsova suffers early exit in Moscow
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Success Story Of Baby Vaishnavi
Vaishnavi received her surgery on time with your support!
Vaishnavi was born with a heart disease. To save her, an open heart surgery needed to be conducted. Here is where Oneindia stepped in and through crowdfunding raised Rs. 4,28,950 for the surgery.
"A heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped saving my daughter. We had started to lose hope but you stepped up and saved the day. We will always keep you in our prayers." - Karthikeyan (the father)
"Vaishnavi is a miracle child. We had her after 5 years of prayers and longing. Everyone around us would ask us to do certain rituals or eat certain foods for me to be blessed with a baby. Some even tormented us with constant jabs at our supposed infertility. But then my little girl was born, and these bitter things faded into the background."
Their happiness was replaced by sheer terror when 2 days after she was born, Vaishnavi started experiencing breathing problems. The local doctor shrugged it off as jaundice, but the thought of losing their precious baby made them go an extra mile. They travelled from Chennai to Pondicherry where their little girl was immediately diagnosed with a heart disease. Thankfully, they had reached there on time and an open heart surgery could still save Vaishnavi.
By this time, the family had already borrowed Rs. 1 Lakh to be paid back with interest for the baby's ongoing tests and treatments. The father had a monthly income of Rs. 6000 - 8000 that he earned by working odd jobs. But none of it was anywhere close to the Rs. 5 Lakhs that they needed for the surgery.
Seeing their earnestness towards trying everything possible, Apollo Hospital connected them to Impact Guru, a crowdfunding platform in India. The hopeful couple started a fundraiser on 21st April, 2018 and prayed for a miracle.
And you made the miracle happen! Your contributions helped them raise Rs. 4,28,950!
The amount of love and support they received was overwhelming! Vaishnavi received her open heart surgery on May 13, 2018 and was discharged healthily the next month on the 15th of June.