Sene chief Pramod Muthalik seeks permission to visit Goa in Feb
Panaji, Jan 21: Right-wing outfit Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik, who has been banned from entering Goa, has sought permission from the state administration to visit the state for 10 days in February.
Infamous for stoking controversies with his remarks, state government has been prohibiting Muthalik from entering Goa fearing law and order situation. The current ban imposed on him last week is for 60 days.
"Our client intends to visit Goa in February. His visit would be less than 10 days. He shall inform the local police station about his residential address during the stay," read the application moved by Muthalik's lawyer Rajesh Takbhate to North and South Goa district collectors.
The Sene chief had last year announced to set up its unit in Goa in February this year and had also said that it will make people aware against 'pub culture' in the state.
According to the application, Muthalik shall visit temples and ashrams in Goa for religious purposes and shall not address any public meeting or participate in any public function. Muthalik is ready to abide by any additional conditions, Takbhate said, pointing out that denial of the right to visit Goa for specific purpose which is not in conflict with the power of the state authorities, would be a breach of fundamental rights.
The state government had extended prohibitory orders against Muthalik under section 141 of CrPC. The outfit had created a stir after its infamous Mangalore pub attack in 2009.