• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

6-year-old girl in Kerala chokes to death after mixture gets stuck in trachea

|
Google Oneindia News

Thiruvananthapuram, Jul 12: A six-year-old girl choked to death in Thiruvananthapuram afte rmixture, a popular Indian snack, got stuck in her trachea here, family sourcessaid on Monday.

6-year-old girl in Kerala chokes to death after mixture gets stuck in trachea

Niveditha, a first standard student of the Government Lower Primary School, Cottonhill, met with the tragic end while she was having her afternoon snack at home on Sunday, they said.

Her father is an autorickshaw driver, named Rajesh, a native of Thrikkannapuram near here.

Kerala: 73-year-old woman tested positive for Zika virus; 19 cases so far nowKerala: 73-year-old woman tested positive for Zika virus; 19 cases so far now

"According to her parents, she developed uneasiness after eating the mixture and was rushed to a nearby private health centre soon before being taken to the government hospital," a senior police officer said. A case of unnatural death has been registered.

Doctors, during the post-mortem performed on the girl''s body on Monday, found that some contents of the snack got stuck in her respiratory tract.

The tragedy came a day after a one-and-a-half-year-old boy had diedafter a beetle got stuck in his trachea in Kasaragod district of the state.

For Daily Alerts
Best Deals and Discounts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X