Six-storey building collapses in Mumbai, 5 feared trapped
Five persons are feared to be trapped under the debris after a building collapsed during demolition in Mumbai's Sagharsh Nagar on Saturday. One person has been rescued so far.
Two JCB earth movers and one Poclain equipment is also said to be trapped under the rubble of the six-storey building, said reports,
On July 25, a building had collapsed in Mumbai's Ghatkopar area leaving 17 people dead and 12 injured. Residents had then accused Shiv Sena leader Sunil Shitap of making alterations to the building for commercial purposes in 2009 and constructing a hospital on its ground floor.
Parksite police had registered a criminal case against Shitap. Others were booked under sections 304 (causing death by negligence), 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code.