Rail Budget 2016: What all Suresh Prabhu offered to common man
New Delhi, Feb 25: Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Wednesday presented his second Railway Budget in Parliament.
Though Prabhu didn't make major announcements in terms of new trains, he focussed largely on passengers' facilities in train.
While reacting about Budget, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said it caters to all sections of the society and showcases a vision to reorganise and rejuvenate the national transporter with the aim of providing trains with higher speed and safety. However, Opposition said that there is nothing new in the budget.
Here are what Prabhu offered common man in this Budget
- Smart Coaches to be introduced
- 'Antyodya Express' will be run where there will be no reserved seats
- There will be mobile charging facilities in general bogies of trains
- More number of general coaches in trains
- One can avail bed facility in general bogies too
- Senior citizens to get 120 lower berths reserved in all trains
- Journalists to get concession in ticket booking
- Sarathi Seva for handicap and old aged person
- Optional travel insurance for rail journeys at the time of booking.
- Wheelchairs and waiting rooms can be booked online
- Pilot availability of children's menu items on trains.
- Further baby foods, hot milk and hot water would be made available on stations and changing boards for babies would be provided in train toilets.