National level wrestler dies of electrocution at Jaipal Singh stadium
National level wrestler Vishal Verma died on Thursday after electrocution while trying to pump out water from waterlogged stadium in Jharkhand's Ranchi.
As per reports, the 25-year old wrestler was electrocuted due to short circuit at the inundated stadium building.
The indoor stadium, built in 1978, has been flooded with rainwater since the beginning of monsoon and its condition has worsened due to heavy rains in the past couple of weeks.
Jharkhand Wrestling Association president Bhola Singh has condemned the incident and announced an interim relief of Rs 1 lakh to Vishal's family. The association will also give ten thousand rupees (Rs 10,000) every month to the family.
Vishal was the lone bread earner in his family of six members with three unmarried sisters.