Malayalam actress assault case: Kerala govt says Dileep trying to delay trial
Thiruvananthapuram, July 23: The Kerala government on Monday informed the high court that Dileep is deliberately trying to delay the trial in the infamous Malayalam actress assault case.
The affidavit filed by the state government says that a special court may be set up to conduct the trial. The state government also backed the victim's demand for a woman judge and a speedy trial in the case.
On the other hand, actor Dileep has moved a petition in the Kerala High Court demanding a CBI probe in the case.
The case dates back to February 18, 2017, when a South Indian actress was kidnapped and raped in a moving car. The incident kicked off a huge political controversy in Kerala with many people raising doubts about Dileep's involvement in the case.
On July 10 last year, Dileep was arrested by the special investigation team probing the case, on charges of planning the attack and giving quotation to the first and second accused.