Maharashtra government announces 5-level unlock plan; Malls, theatres to open in 18 districts
New Delhi, June 05: In a late night development, Maharashtra government has announced a five-level plan to relax the coronavirus-induced restrictions in the state, based on the weekly positivity rate and the occupancy of oxygen beds.
In a statement, the Maharashtra government said, "Lockdown restrictions will be relaxed on the basis of COVID positivity rate and availability of oxygen beds in Maharashtra." The degree of relaxation has been decided as per the level of severity of Covid-19 in those districts.
The order will come into effect from June 7 based on the positivity rate and the oxygen bed occupancy level of June 3, it said.
The lockdown-like restrictions in the state were imposed in April this year when the second wave of the pandemic intensified.
Under the notification, each municipal area and district has been treated as separate administrative unit.
🚨Level of restrictions for breaking the chain 🚨 pic.twitter.com/Vi8WvkDuqi— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) June 4, 2021
Level 1: Case positivity rate is less than 5% & Oxygen beds occupancy is less than 25%.
- Shops selling both essential and non-essential items allowed
- Malls and theatres, restaurants and public places for outdoor activities will be open
- Private and government offices, funerals, marriages, gyms and salons will also be allowed
- Locals trains will function regularly
Level 2: Case positivity rate is less than 5% & Oxygen beds occupancy is between 25% and 40%.
- Essential and non-essential shops will be allowed to open as per the regular timings
- Malls, theatres, multiplexes, auditoriums and restaurants will function at 50 per cent capacity
- There will be a restricted entry in local trains and it will be allowed for those working in medical and essential services only.
- Public places and private offices can be opened.
- Social and political gatherings will be allowed with 50 per cent capacity.
- Curfew orders will remain in place.
- Gyms, salons, beauty centres can open with 50 per cent capacity.
Level 3: Case positivity rate is between 5% and 10% or Oxygen beds occupancy is more than 40%.
- Essential shops can remain open till 4 pm
- Non-essential shops can remain open till 4 pm only on weekdays.
- Malls and theatres will remain shut.
- Restaurants will only be allowed 50 per cent capacity till 4 pm on weekdays.
- The facility of parcel, takeaway and home delivery of food will continue.
- Local trains will be restricted for medical and essential staff.
- Offices can operate with 50 per cent staff.Film and TV shootings will take place in bio-bubble with no movement outside after 5 pm.
- Only 50 persons can attend a marriage ceremony, while only 20 people can attend a funeral.
- Social and political gatherings will be conducted with 50 per cent capacity.
- All private offices will only be allowed to function with 50 per cent capacity till 4pm on working days.
- Construction will be permitted but either with only onsite labourers, or they must leave by 4pm.
Level 4: Case positivity rate is between 10% and 20% or Oxygen beds occupancy is more than 60%.
- Essential shops to open till 4pm
- Only food parcels and takeaways will be allowed
- Local trains will be restricted for medical and few essential staff only.
- Public places will be opened, but they will be shut on the weekends.
- Private offices of only 'exempted category' will be allowed
- Government offices may allow 25 per cent capacity
- Marriages may only have 25 people and funerals 20
Level 5: Case positivity rate is more than 20% or Oxygen beds occupancy is more than 75%
- There will be nearly a complete lockdown situation.
- Essential shops will be open till 4pm, only home delivery for restaurants.
- The office attendance will be 15 per cent.