Latest news on Productivity Linked Bonus for 2016-17
The attention of the Railway Board was invited to the discussions held in the Chamber of Additional Member (Staff), wherein the Federation has explained the need to accord approval for payment if Productivity Linked Bonus equivalent to not less than 78 days wages as was done in the previous years.
NFIR again places the facts as below for immediate action for sanction:-
- The output given by Railway employees has been very much on high side particularly in the context of non-filling of over 2 lakh vacancies and additional burden borne by the existing staff since the last two years.
- Capital input should not be taken into consideration as the utilization of the said capital is not in the hands of workers.
- During the previous six years, the PL Bonus was paid to the Railway employees equivalent to 78 days wages, therefore any reduction in number of days would cause serious resentment in view of the fact that Rail Workforce has been contributing for productivity inspite of difficult working conditions and heavy shortage of staff due to non-filling of vacancies and non-creation of new posts for new assets built.
- In fact, the Railway Ministry should consider motivating the staff by granting more number of days wages than previous year at this juncture.
- NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly take action for sanctioning the P.L. Bonus equivalent to not less than 78 days wages. It is also requested that payment may be arranged before commencement of Dussehra Pooja Holidays.