Kolkata: McDonald’s serves dead lizard with French fries to a pregnant woman
Kolkata, March 3: Priyanka Moitra who had gone to celebrate her four-year-old daughter's birthday at McDonald's outlet in EM
Bypass area of Kolkata, noticed a dead lizard in the French fries.
She added that when she reported the matter to the manager of the outlet, he offered to take away the order and replace the same with fresh food. Priyanka said she started feeling dizzy and ill after consuming the French fries and got worried about the health of her
daughter and unborn child.
She then clicked the photo of the dead lizard along with the French fries. After which she lodged a complaint against the McDonald outlet with the Phulbagan police station.
Priyanka said that she felt that filing a police complaint was important as people should know about this incident as consuming such
poisonous food can be fatal. Priyanka and her family have decided to take up the issue legally against McDonald.
Sanjay Mitra, Priyanka's husband, who was in Lucknow when the incident happened said that he is worried about the health of his
family and he questioned McDonald's carelessness. He said that when he tried to contact McDonald's Delhi and Kolkata offices, they
tendered no apology and asked them to send the proof for analysis.
McDonald's North and East divisions spokespersonmeanwhile has said that they are in contact with the customer and were taking the situation seriously. He added that once they came to know about the incident they have launched a thorough investigation to gather the facts. He added that McDonalds is fully cooperating with authorities who are probing the matter.