Karnataka: Sandalwood star Upendra launches political party
Bangalore, Oct 31: Sandalwood star Upendra on Tuesday launched a new political party 'Karnataka Prajnavant Janata Party' (KPJP) and announced 'auto' as the logo of the party at Gandhi Bhavan in Bengaluru.
Along with Upendra, even his wife and mother wore khaki shirt- a symbol of labour force. Always known for his maverick ideas, Upendra invited journalists to light the lamps. Upendra wished everyone a day ahead of Kannada Rajyotsava (state unification day).
Upendra's KPJP is planning to field candidates in all the 224 constituencies in next assembly elections. "Hundreds of candidates are already in touch me. But, I am not sure about my constituency," Upendra said.
Highlights of Upendra's speech
- "If my cinema is for intelligent people, my party is for conscious people"
- Everyone should have free education
- Sixty-seventy candidates are ready to contest
- However, I'm not sure whether to contest election or not
- Tell us your ideas, and I'll promote it on your behalf
- We need a smart village, not a smart city
- Transparent governance is the motto of KPJP
- On November 10, KPJP Mobile Application, Website will be launched
- People can raise question if any our candidate or myself commit a mistake
- There is no caste discrimination in our party