• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

India wants Chinese construction to stop at Depsang-Daulat Beg Oldie sector

|

New Delhi, Aug 10: India has told China to stop further construction and pull back troops from the Depsang-Daulat Beg Oldie sector of eastern Ladakh. During the talks between the two sides, India also told China to stop further construction activities in the area.

Boxer Rebellion in China and the role Indian soldiers played in crushing it

During the talks, India stressed upon the importance of reducing tensions in the Depsang plains, an official familiar with the developments told OneIndia. This has been a major flashpoint for several years now, owing to the perceptions of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

India wants Chinese construction to stop at Depsang-Daulat Beg Oldie sector

The military level talks between the two sides were held on Saturday between 11 am and 7,30 pm. India stressed on the fact that the PLA troops who are camping near the Bottleneck area in the Depsang plains since May should not block Indian soldiers from going to their Patrolling Points-10, 11, 12 and 13.

India-China stand off unlikely to overshadow BRICS, SCO summits

The primary agenda of the meeting was to reduce tensions at the Depsang Plains, where there is a massive build up of troops of both sides. The meeting would discuss ways to de-escalate as well as disengage. India will also seek restoration of patrolling rights for its soldiers.

Following the meeting that was held last Sunday by the two sides, a high powered panel headed by National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval reviewed the Chinese response. Following the meeting, India conveyed to Beijing on hotline that it is in no hurry to de-escalate, unless and until the Chinese dis-engage as agreed by the military commanders.

During the meeting on August 2, China had suggested that India move back in order to break the deadlock. The west of Finger 4 was under India's control and the suggestion by China that India moves back here is not acceptable, officials familiar with the developments told OneIndia.

The high powered committee also known as the China Study Group held discussions on Tuesday and analysed the response by the Chinese. The meeting that lasted three hours was also attended by Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, Foreign Minister, S Jaishankar and Army Chief General M M Naravane.

    Pranab Mukherjee tests Covid-19 +ve | Former President tests positive | Oneindia News

    The fifth meeting of the commanders was held on August 2. The panel headed by NSA Doval is informally known as the China Study Group.

    The source said that India reiterated to China for complete disengagement and de-escalation. India also sought for full restoration of peace and tranquillity in the border areas as had been agreed upon during the earlier meetings.

    Pull back from Dapsang-Daulat Beg Oldie sector, India tells China at military level talks

    The Indian side also sought for restoration of status quo ante along the Line of Actual Control, the source also added. The official cited above said that the Doval led panel would analyse China's response during the talks.

    For Daily Alerts
    Get Instant News Updates
    Enable
    x
    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Done
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X