- #CoronavirusTamil Nadu makes RT-PCR report or vaccine certificate mandatory for travellers from Kerala
- #CoronavirusIndia, UK to conduct clinical trials of Ashwagandha for promoting recovery from COVID-19
- #CoronavirusDelhi zoo reopens after being temporarily shut during second Covid wave
- #CoronavirusCovid: India reports 41,831 new cases in 24 hours; recovery rate currently at 97.36%
- #CoronavirusDelta variant may likely to spread in China, warns official
- #Coronavirus30 COVID-19 cases remained undetected for every single case in India: Virologist
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Sensational' Sindhu beats He Bing Jiao to clinch bronze; grabs her second Olympic medal
- Movies Karan Johar On Bigg Boss OTT: Six Weeks Inside The House? I Can’t Stay Without My Phone For Even An Hour
- Finance PSU Banks Raise A Record Rs 58,700 Crore From Markets In FY'21
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Chennai, July 22: The Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS) one of the leading Universities of India and a flagship Institution of The Hindustan Group of Institutions has announced a unique All India "ADOPT A COVID WARRIOR WARD SCHEME'.
Under this Scheme, selected wards of Covid Warriors who have lost their lives protecting our Countrymen during the Covid Pandemic will be given complete tuition fee waiver in the discipline of their choice, having met the basic laid down norms.
The Unique Scheme would cover all expenses of the student including boarding and lodging and includes a monthly stipend too. The Scholarship will cover only the prescribed period of the course.
This magnanimous gesture of honouring our Covid Warriors is keeping in line with the Founder Chairman Dr K C G Verghese's philosophy of unflinching solidarity with our warriors who give their lives in the service of our Country.
Additionally, HITS has introduced a COVID Frontline Warriors Scholarship Scheme for wards of Doctors, Healthcare professionals, Government & service personnel who have participated and even lost their lives during the COVID Pandemic. HITS will be offering this scholarship for a two year period with 100 Scholarships across all courses.
HITS has also instituted scholarship programmes for students under the Dr. KCG Verghese Scholarship. This scholarship is offered under three categories: 1) Merit Scholarship - Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme. This is offered to students based on the Plus Two marks and HITSEEE scores. 2) Merit Cum Means Scholarship - This is offered to meritorious students who are economically weak/physically challenged/ Children of Ex service men and those serving in defence. 3) Sports & Cultural Scholarship - This is offered to students with outstanding performance in sports & cultural activities at State and National levels.
The Online Entrance Examination - HITSEEE 2020 to be held for the Academic Year 2020-2021 for the streams of Study including B. Tech; B. Arch & B. Des which will be held from 5th August 2020 to 7th August 2020.The Entrance Examination and Counselling will be conducted entirely on online mode. Students can easily attempt the HITSEEE Exam from any corner of the world. Despite most Universities cancelling their Entrance Exam, HITS has decided to go ahead with entrance exam on an online platform for the first time in India.
Over 30000 students have applied to HITS from November 2019 and the last date for submission of application is July 31st 2020 Aspirants can apply online through the university website - www.hindustanuniv.ac.in The admission process will be based on the Online Exam Score coupled with the and Plus Two marks scored in Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
The Institution focuses on Industry 4.0 Ready Programs and from 2020 -21 HITS is offering Engineering Degrees in specialized fields of study such as Clean Energy, Cyber Security , Avionics, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning to name a few. HITS will focus on these innovative and new areas of study to fulfill the huge shortfall of skilled workforce needed to bridge the gap in the growing requirement created by these emerging technology arenas.
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), established 1985, a Deemed to be University offers a wide spectrum of Undergraduate Programmes, Post Graduate Programmes, Diploma Programmes, Research and Doctoral Programmes in diverse fields of Engineering, Technology, Management, Architecture, Liberal Arts, Applied Sciences, Design, Allied Health Sciences and Law. The Institution is part of the most reputed Hindustan Group of Institutions which caters to the academic needs of over 18,000 students from India and overseas.
HITS has the distinction of being accredited with an "A" Grade by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), Govt. of India with a score of 3.3/4.0 and is a Category 2 Institution with many privileges from the Government. National Board of Accreditation (NBA) has accredited 5 B.Tech programs of the University. HITS also ranked in the 107th Position in India under Engineering category and ranked 20th in Architecture in the NIRF Rankings2020 which was recently released.