• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

'Hero' dog saves humans by alerting about house fire

By Simran Kashyap
|

New Delhi, Aug 06: A dog named Dudley is being hailed as a hero after it saved a family from fire. When the house fire started in the kitchen, the dog alerted its owner who was taking a shower. The incident was reported from New Albany in Indiana.

The owner immediately got dressed and yelled to his son, Terrance, that they needed to get out of the burning home.

Hero dog save humans by alerting to house fire

New Albany Fire Rescue took to Facebook to share the incident. After the pet alerted its owner about the fire, the owner was able to alert his son who was in another room of the house.

However, the two men escaped, but a wall fell and jammed the bathroom door, trapping Dudley inside.

Video of girl arranging a funeral for her lizard goes viral leaves Twitterati in splits

Meantime, the firefighters rushed to the spot and rescued the dog and gave him water and oxygen.

Dudley suffered burns to an ear and his eyes, and he inhaled smoke. At present, he is recovering at a veterinarian's office.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more