Fire breaks out at New Delhi's Shastri Bhawan
New Delhi, July 31: A fire broke out at Shastri Bhawan located in New Delhi on Monday due to a short circuit in an air conditioner.
"The fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building at 9.42 am Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and it was doused," the fire service official told IANS.
No casualties were reported, he said.
The Shastri Bhawan is a government building that houses a number of ministries including Human Resources Development; Law and Justice; and Information and Broadcasting.
Shastri Bhawan is in an area where there are several buildings that house government offices. It is close Parliament House and Railways headquarters.
As per latest reports, the fire has been brought under control.