Elephant dies while trying to uproot a tree which was in touch with electricity wire
Coimbatore, Oct 18: In an attempt to pull down a tree which was in contact with a live electricity wire, an elephant got electrocuted in Tamil Nadu's Mettupalayam district.
In a freak incident, the 30-year old-elephant was trying to pull down a betel nut tree, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the animal strayed into a turmeric farm on Tuesday and tried to enter a banana farm, they said.
In its attempt, the elephant pulled down an areca nut tree, which was in contact two high tension wires and got electrocuted, they added.
The investigation is on, police said.