Doctors Day 2018: India’s best medical colleges
New Delhi, July 2: Doctors Day 2018 was observed on July 1. Doctors day is celebrated to honour legendary physician, freedom fighter and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy. Dr. Roy was awarded Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour, in February 1961.
Dr. Roy was instrumental in the formation of Indian Medical Association in 1928 and also in the establishment of Medical Council of India (MCI).
MCI has constituted the Bidhan Chandra Roy Award in 1976 in the memory of Dr. Roy.
As per the NIRF India Ranking 2018, AIIMS New Delhi was ranked number one. Here is a list of the top 25 medical colleges in India as per the latest NIRF ranking.
India's Top 25 Medical Colleges:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi, Delhi,
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
4. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka
5. King Georges Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
6. Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry, Pondicherry
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
8. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
9. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
10. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai,Tamil Nadu
11. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
12. M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka
13. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
14. Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab
15. University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
16. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
17. Panjab University, Chandigarh
18. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, Maharashtra
19. Siksha O Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
20. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
21. IPSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
22. SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
23. Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry, Pondicherry
24. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu
25. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, Karnataka